Saturday, May 3, 2008

big ole pot




Today, after a round of frisbee golf, I got on the wheel and made some pots. I've got some commisions that I need to make for some galleries/customers so I've been procrastinating that of course. Instead, why not try to make a 31 inch tall big ole pot. I'm preparing for several upcoming events and making work accordingly. I need to get my galleries some wholesale work.... I've got a show in August at American Folk Art and Framing with a couple of great potters..... I'm doing the Mint Museum Pottery Show in September....my studio, clayspace co-op, has got a show at the Asheville Arts Council in August...and we've got a studio stroll in 6 weeks. I need to make pots!!!


For the arts council show, I've decided to show woodfired pots. Huh? Really? Yeah, it's gonna be fun and "new again" for me. I'm excited to have a new body of work that is different. More to come......

No comments: