Monday, January 26, 2009

Turnin' and Burnin'

India'S Caste System
Indian potter of the subcaste Vaisya, smoking a hooka pipe
as he works at potter's wheel making hooka bases.
Location: Thaal, India
Date taken: 1946
Photographer: Margaret Bourke-White
I found this photo on Google images LIFE. Some cool images to check out. Well, I've gotten back into the swing of things, making and decorating new pots. I need to fire the kiln and get a commission shipped out. I recently had my neighbor, Heinz Kossler, make some large terra cotta tiles for me. I've been decorating them here and there. I'm hoping to have them hanging on the walls at my Mudfire solo show in March. We'll see if I can get them finished. I'd also like to make some terra cotta pots for the show too. More on that later. There decisions to be made on that.....decoration/glaze/etc. It might not even happen. Anyway, I'll post some images of everything soon. Cheers.

No comments: