Monday, February 23, 2009

Long day

This morning I went and visited Tim Barnwell to get some pots shot. He's got quite the set up. Anyway. I got seventeen pots shot in 45 minutes, all digital. I'll share some tomorrow after I pick them up. I finished up some decorating and then started loading the kiln around 6pm. It took me about 3 1/2 hours to load all of the pots and brick up the door. I'm really glad to be done. I'll be up early to light the second burner. I hope it's a good one.

Tim Barnwell's studio

Kiln. 7 years old.


Back stack

Detail

Front stack

Detail

3 comments:

-Rob, Simple Circle Studios said...

Good luck with the firing. I always look forward to checking out your work.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kyle,
Nice pots... I was wondering what Mr. Barnwell uses to prop up your plate for photographing?
Jim

Kyle Carpenter said...

Cloth covered brick, duct taped to the plate for regular plates. This larger platter had a sand filled small bucket taped to the back of it. I can't stand plate stands in photographs. This works great. Thanks for checking out the blog!