Friday, October 1, 2010

Salty Porcelain




Here's a sneak peak of the kiln load I fired on Wednesday. Looks good so far. I'm not sure how I feel about the red art shino (right), bit the Pinnel shino looks to be a winner (not shown in photo). All of these are grolleg porcelain pots.The cups shown have helmer based flashing slips on them. I'm really liking these. The firing was very even with cone 10 flat everywhere. My liner glaze looks pretty sweet on this porcelain.

These pots are going a few places. Some will be set aside for my solo show coming up at Crimson Laurel Gallery in November/December. Others will be for sale at tomorrow's "Thrown Together" Fall Sale, October 2nd, 2010 from 10 am till 4pm. Location is 1225 Dade Street, Charlotte, NC 28205. This years guests are me and Allison McGowan. "Thrown Together" is made up of four potters, Julie Wiggins, Ron Philbeck, Jennifer Mecca, and Amy Sanders. Looks like it's going to be absolutely fabulous weather. All other pots will return to the gallery at CURVE studios, where I share a studio with Maria Andrade, Akira Satake, and Linda McFarling.

I know I'm usually awful at posting finished pots, fresh from the kiln, but I'll try. I'll be busy sanding and pricing right away, as I'm headed to Michael Kline's opening tonight at American Folk Gallery, and then off to Ron Philbeck's for a beer and a snooze on his couch.


1 comment:

klineola said...

Can't wait to see these live. Is that deco on the pot on the right over or under the shino? I have deco'd on top of shino before and really the results. See you tonight!