Monday, October 25, 2010

Pitcher

Check out this sweet pitcher that's in the upcoming Crimson Laurel show. I really got into making pitchers this year, which in turn, has made me better at them. I make these out of 3.5 lbs of clay, which I think, makes for the perfect size. Add to that a nice handle, some flowing brushwork, and some spotty reduction, and you have yourself one nice pitcher. This one was held back a few months ago for this upcoming show. it's been hard to hold back work. There were a couple events I've had where I wished I could bring some of these held back pots. But, now that this deadline is coming closer, I'm glad I didn't. So, throughout the next two weeks, I'll be posting more pots from the show. Please, feel free to comment and let me know what you think. Thanks, Kyle.

2 comments:

FetishGhost said...

That spotty reduction is dreamy...

Mr. Young said...

I want to be able to make stuff like that when I grow up. ;-)
Outstanding!