Friday, February 11, 2011

New kiln




Wow, this new salt kiln is almost finished! This image shows Will Baker constructing the arch form. I have been photo documenting the construction process and will share that with you in the next post, which will be next week. I'd like to show a "start to finish" timeline sort of blog post. Please check back for that.
While this construction has been going on, I've been decorating bisqued pots at the dining room table while watching kids, throwing pots in the studio at night, and firing bisque kilns every four days. I did sneak in a full day in the studio earlier this week due to a snow day. That was much needed. So, anyway, it's Friday evening and I'll be decorating pots all night at the dining room table while watching Netflix on the laptop. What an exciting life! I'm cool with it. These days Fridays and Saturdays are the same as Tuesdays and Wednesdays. They all run together and I work each day, just the same. I'm ready for my summer beach vacation and it's only February. Sheesh.

No comments: