Monday, April 6, 2009

Firing results and PICTURES!!!

First of all, you may have noticed that I don't post unless I have pictures to share. That's just how I roll.
Well, the firing went very well. Pretty even heat overall and pretty pots. I think I only had two pots that I can't sell = awesome. This little kiln of mine is producing some amazing surfaces, both on the flashing slips and on the raw clay. And I'm really diggin' the combination of both on one pot. My tile 6 slip is got some incredible crackin' goin' on. Let's just say I'm happy with the firing.
I unloaded the kiln this afternoon, took the pots to my studio, The Clayspace Co-op, and cleaned and priced them. My local gallery, American Folk Art Gallery, is coming by the studio in the morning to by some pots from me wholesale. She gets pick of the litter of this kiln load. Just in time. I'm headed to NCECA on wednesday. How conveeeenient. So check out the pics already....

Back Stack

Front Stack

Cones from left to right: 7, 9, 10, 11

various forms and decoration

Combination of raw clay and slipped surface

100% Tile 6 and 2% bentonite, applied somewhat thick by pouring

9 comments:

brandon phillips said...

duuuuuude. enough said.

Ron said...

Looks great Kyle! How much salt are you using now?

Anonymous said...

"that's how i roll"... i think that's hilarious, the pots though, beautiful! i totally dig the crawly thing going on in the last pic and the warm orange on the bottom right in the pic of the back stack... dreamy.

Kyle Carpenter said...

Ron, I'm putting in 4lbs of table salt, about a half pound at a time.

Sue Pariseau Pottery said...

I love all the pieces, but the mugs make we want to reach out and test how they feel in my hand. Gorgeous work.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous crackular surface. Keep up the great work!

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Amazing.

Craig Edwards said...

Nice, I love to see pics of the pots still in the kiln.

cindy shake said...

What a wonderful sight and feeling of incredible happiness you must have felt when you opened the kiln!! The images are so perfect. I especially love the bird in the pictures showing your lovely forms and decoration. All of the pieces seem so warm, content and complete.