Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Night shift




Tonight I cleaned up my wheel and tools and got into some porcelain. I'm out of stoneware, and money, so I jumped on the 800 pounds of porcelain that I purchased before the holidays. I'm gearing up for my first firing of the new kiln, which isn't built yet. I have some upcoming deadlines/shows that are creepin' up on me. I've been making a lot of bowls lately. I'm not sure why. I kinda just got into it, I guess. Below are a few that are waitin' for bisque. They are covered in one or two slips. Some are "hand wiped" or combed, or brushed. That's the beauty of slipping pots...you can really have fun with it and make each one different.


I also started making some cups. These will get a trimmed or "cut" foot. I kept the cups on the bats, hoping to keep these babies round at the rim. I had some warpage last time around, so I thought I'd try this. I'm sure it'll be better. I've been decorating pots a bit at home, during the day. Soon I'll be knee deep in bisque ware and transitioning into the full time decorating stage. That's all for now. Good night and good luck.



No comments: