Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What's left of the kiln

Here's what's left of the salt kiln. Shane Mickey and I took the kiln down in a day. This Sunday, we'll bust up the firebox and I'll get the place cleaned up for the new sprung arch salt kiln. The cinder blocks that were closest to the firebox seemed to have gotten a little hot and the edges have turned to dust. Shane informed me that the block should have been turned the other way, with the holes pointing up. Apparently they are more structural that way. I hadn't thought of that when building eight and a half years ago. Also, some fiber would have been good between the firebox and the brick. Oh well. On to the next one. I'm still making pots here and there. I decorated a couple planters this morning at the dining room table. I'll be making some pots tonight at the studio. I think I need to make some cups. Okay, cheers.

1 comment:

nick friedman said...

Your getting ALOT accomplished--especially for someone with early parenting duties. I know, I have two little ones now myself. It's the 5:00am-9:00am shift before the fam. wakes up, for me.